Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's All in the Past

It's All In The Past

Link to download this audio clip: http://limanecasimi.audioacrobat.com/download/f403ed11-42d6-bb5f-f83d-9136aa04d50d.mp3

Click the play button.  Listen and read along.



Bonjou mèdam e mesye! 
Good day ladies and gentlemen!


"te" is indicative of the simple past tense.

1. Mwen te ale lavil.
    I went downtown.

2. Mwen te rankontre yon ti fi.
    I met a little girl.

3.  Li te tris.
    She was sad.

4.  Mwen te mande li, "Kisa ou genyen?"
     I asked her, “what’s wrong?”

5.  Li pa te pale Kreyòl.
    She did not speak Creole.

6. Li te pale Angle.
    She spoke English.

7.  Mwen pa te konprann li.
    I didn’t understand her.

8.  Li pa te konprann mwen.
    She didn’t understand me.

9.  Nou te chita.
    We sat down.

10.  Manman li ak papa li te vini.
    Her mother and her father came.

11.  Yo te kontan wè li.
       They were happy to see her.

12.  Yo te remèsye mwen.
       They thanked me.

13.  Epi nou te di orevwa.
      And then we said goodbye.

Track: Karese Mwen by Marousé Aué

No comments: