link to download this audio clip:
Click the play button to listen to this audio lesson.
Follow along. First sentence is in Creole as written here.
Bonswa tout moun! - Good evening everyone!
To go - ale, al*
Let's - an nou - (contracted*: ann, an'n, an-n)
*Note: Contracted and non-contrated forms are used interchangeably.
1. Ann al dòmi. - Let's go to sleep.
2. Ann al travay. - Let's go to work.
3. Ann ale lavil. - Let's go to town
4. Ann al chache papa m. - Let's go pick up my dad.
5. Ann al legliz. - Let's go to church.
6. An-n al manje. - Let's go eat.
7. Ann al gade yon fim. - Let's go see a movie.
8. Ann ale promennen. - Let's go strolling.
9. Ann ale lekòl. - Let's go to school.
10. Ann ale Ayiti. - Let's go to Haiti.
Se tou pou jodi a. Mèsi, orevwa, e an nou pale Kreyòl.
That's all for today. Thank you, goodbye, and let's speak Creole.
Track: Caraïbes Oh by La Compagnie créole.